PLASTIC FREE SUTHERLAND SHIRE
Image supplied by
The Plastic Free Sutherland Shire Project aims to eliminate, the use of the five common plastic sources that contribute to the majority of plastic litter and ocean debris.
1. plastic straws
2. plastic shopping bags
3. plastic cutlery
4. plastic cups
5. plastic take-away containers.
Project organisers and sponsors will provide as much support as possible to make the transition to plastic-free practices as easy and cost-effective as possible.
This will include:
· promoting the project through a variety of media
· educating customers to secure their support
· organising a local expo at which you can see a range of plastic-free packaging that might suit your business
· organising bulk purchases of non-plastic packaging to obtain greater discounts
· providing posters for display in your business.
The following pages will give you some tips on how you can go about making your business part of the plastic-free project.